Celebrating over 70 yeas as a club, our members range in skill from beginners to seasoned professionals. Our purpose is to learn, improve, and enjoy the art of photography.
We hold monthly competitions on the 1st Tuesday of each month (September through April), with 6 digital nights and 3 print nights per year,
and hold monthly workshops, on the 3rd Tuesday of each month, aimed at helping everyone improve their skills.
We meet at Artlink, located in the Auer Center for Arts & Culture, 300 E. Main St in Fort Wayne.
- To associate for mutual enjoyment of photography.
- To encourage advancement of members in the knowledge and practice of the science and art of photography.
- To make mutual contributions to the progress of photography.
- To promote a fellowship among club members and friends.
- Any person active in or interested in the practice of photography may apply for membership with the Treasurer and the payment of one year’s dues.
- Club dues are $25 annually and are due in September of each year.
- Dues for a full-time student under 21 are $12.50.
- Unpaid dues become delinquent after the October competition. If you join after February 1st (basically in the 2nd half of the season), then dues are just half of the yearly membership ($12.50 or $6.25 for students).
- Membership Application You may bring it to your first meeting.
OWEN (DOC) FORSYTH 1902-1968
The Fort Wayne Photographers Club (changed from Fort Wayne Coed Camera Club, June 1996) grew out of the photography classes taught by “Doc” Forsyth at the YWCA, 1945-1946. This website is dedicated to the memory of “Doc” Forsyth, our founder, who took a genuine interest in the photographic progress of COED members, took pleasure in the club’s social activities, and took pride in its civic services. Our club remains a living memorial to his dreams and his dedication.
CLUB CONSTITUTION & BY-LAWS:
To view a copy of the club Constitution & By-Laws in a PDF file, please click HERE.